Kodi is one of the excellent media centers available out there. Add-ons available to Kodi makes it even more useful and powerful. Plex is an excellent app that allows you to access your personal videos, movies, TV shows, photos, and music all from one place. Luckily it is available as PlexKodiConnect(PKC) an official Kodi add-on. PKC combines the best of Kodi – ultra smooth navigation, beautiful and highly customizable user interfaces and playback of any file under the sun, and the Plex Media Server to manage all your media without lifting a finger.
Here is how you can setup Plex on Kodi:
- Download the PlexKodiConnect Repository for Kodi from here. This is a Zip file.
- Open Kodi.
- Go to Settings → Add-ons → Install from zip file -> Navigate to the ZIP file
- Select Install from zip file. Navigate to Zip file and install it.
- In the bottom right, Kodi notifies when the add-on is installed and enabled.
- Select Install from repository. The new repository is listed. In the case of add-ons they are added under All Add-ons in the appropriate category.
- Navigate to Add-ons > Install from repository > PlexKodiConnect Addons. The listing might not appear at first. Simply press “c” on your keyboard or open the context menu while your cursor is on PKC repository and select “Force Refresh”
- Install PKC by entering the PlexKodiConnect repo and selecting Video Add-ons > PlexKodiConnect.
- It is important to customize your PKC setup so that it works like you want it to. You can find the steps here.
Note: You may always customize PKC settings later. However, it might be necessary to resync your entire Plex library. That is why it is recommended to customize PKC at first setup.