PKC combines the best of Kodi – ultra smooth navigation, beautiful and highly customizable user interfaces and playback of any file under the sun, and the Plex Media Server to manage all your media without lifting a finger. After installing PKC on Kodi, it is recommended to customize it on its first run. Otherwise, it might be necessary to resync your entire Plex library when you customize it later.
Steps to customize PKC:
- PKC first prompts you to log into plex.tv. This is mandatory if you have several Plex users, otherwise you can skip. If PKC needs credentials to connect to your PMS, it will automatically take you back to log into plex.tv
- PKC lists all Plex servers that it could find in the local LAN and remote PMS outside your LAN (if you signed in to plex.tv). Pick yours. If your PMS is not listed, you may cancel. PKC will then take you to the settings where you can enter your PMS’ IP address manually
- PKC will ask you whether you want to use Addon (Default) or Native (direct paths). If you are unsure, pick Addon (Default)! If you change this setting later, you will need to resync your library.
- PKC will ask whether you would like to disable Plex Music. If you choose Yes, no music at all will be synced to Kodi. If you choose to enable Plex Music, be aware that Kodi treats music differently and that there are still some PKC issues
- PKC will ask you whether you would like to download additional fanart from Fanart.tv like CD art and banners (stuff Plex does not have). Be aware that enabling this will increase sync duration. Alternatively, you can use the Kodi plugin Artwork Downloader.
- PKC will then take you to the PKC settings, if you want to make additional changes. In that case, you will need to restart Kodi manually.
- Kodi will restart to apply the changes.
- If you have several Plex users, PKC will ask you to pick one.
- Once you have successfully authenticated, the initial sync will start. Be patient, this can take a long time depending on the size of your library, the power of your PMS server and your network speed.